Me

Me

The Artist

Hello, Welcome to my Pet Portrait Blog. First I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. I was born and raised just outside of Buffalo NY. I am now living in Atlanta GA. My husband and I have two beautiful daughters, 4 Shih Tzu's and a Great Dane. Life is good! Growing up we always had a dog and sometimes other little critters. I was lucky to have parents that loved animals as much as I did. As a little girl I loved to draw and color. I would sit for hours with my friends and draw different things and we would have contests. Later when I moved to GA and after I married and had children I got into the collectibles/antique business. I enjoyed that for 15 years.I started painting on furniture, clothes, glass and old windows. Recycling the old windows and furniture into something whimsy was a big hit. My customers would have me paint windows to hang on their front porches, in their gardens, and even in their houses. That was the beginning of painting murals at home, churches and store fronts. Again people were loving the whimsical style I had. From there I went to a few art classes and loved what I was learning. I was surprised to find that my passion in painting was not landscape, still life or people portraits. My favorite was to paint animals. Maybe because I love animals and I can connect with them. Again, friends and family were enjoying my paintings and soon I was getting jobs to paint peoples pets for gifts. So here I am and loving it.

Important information I will need from you before you order

I paint from photographs which I can get through email or snail mail.
1) Make sure the photo is taken in natural lighting (this helps with the details, coloring and features on your pet)
2) Take the picture on your pets level.
3) A great face shot brings out your pets personality

Along with the photo tell me about: Color of hair, fur, or feathers
Choice of background color
Size of canvas
Full body or Head shot
Number of animals on one canvas(will have added pricing
Added items in background (will have added pricing)
Email, Address and Phone

PRICE LIST


Size of canvas and price with one pet on canvas

6" x 6" = $65.00
8" x 10" = $85.00
11" x 14" = $110.00
12" X 12" = $110.00
12" x 24" = $135.00
16" x 20" =$145.00
18" x 24" = $160.00
24" x 30" = $175.00

For additional pet in portrait: $ 75.00
50% Non Refundable Deposit Required with order
50% upon delivery

My CARD

My CARD

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Happy New Year


HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR      2017



THESE ARE SOME OF MY CHRISTMAS COMMISSIONS,

 SO MANY HAPPY CUSTOMERS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.

  Happy New Years,
What a wonderful 2016 I had. I'm looking forward to an another successful year in painting. Sorry I haven't been on this blog much but I mostly work off the Facebook postings. I am going to try to do better with this blog. If you are on Facebook I'm under Pet Portraits by Becky Kidd.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a talented artist, Becky! I really wish you updated your blog more so we could get to see some more awesome portraits from you :)

    I'm a pet portrait artist myself but I'm not anywhere near as good as you.

    I salute you! :)

    /Nabil - European Pet Portrait Artist

    ReplyDelete